Ink Sunrise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Sunrise

Welcome to a forum for sharing your creative works of all kind, analyzing and debating about any forms of media, or just relaxing with friends. ♥

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Chat Thread

Go down 
+8
Aqua
Lightflame
Light
Curi
Crazy Mango
Ginz the Gee
Rainy
Whispskull Rosiebot
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Light

Light

The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:56 am

Aww, bye Icy! :c

Hi Floo!
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mango

Crazy Mango

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:57 am

Aww, bye, Icey.
:c

And hi, Light~
Back to top Go down
Leonard

Leonard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

You have an awesome avatar Icyh!

Anyway, what's wrong with Crowfeather? He always seemed cute to me.
Back to top Go down
Crazy Mango

Crazy Mango

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:26 pm

MY SISTER IS REALLY AWESOME.
SHE BOUGHT ME AN IPAD STYLUS AND NOW I CAN DRAW FASTER.
Back to top Go down
Whispskull Rosiebot
Admin
Whispskull Rosiebot

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:29 pm

Crazy Mango wrote:
Whispskull Rosiebot wrote:
[color=blue]Oh, nice! I'd like to make a banner for Wasteland sometime.

SHHHHHH.

That is part of the suprise i'm making you.

WHAAAAAAAT?! 0:

OH MY GOODNESS. You don't have to do that, but... thank you! :'D Do you need some character descriptions...?

Oh, someone here likes Crowfeather, hmm? *Grins at Light*

Aw, bye Icey. :c

Also, whoa, awesome sister! 8D

Last edited by Whispskull Rosiebot on Sat May 04, 2013 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Last paragraph added.)
Back to top Go down
https://inksunrise.forumotion.com
Crazy Mango

Crazy Mango

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Sorry for poof.

But yeah, I was doing that for everyone.
For thise who had storues I was going to make a book cover, and for those who just had characters, I was going to draw those.

But nah, no character references are needed. I have it planed out in my head.
c:
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Leonard wrote:

It's just...I have zero tolerance for the abuse of a child -- be it emotional, physical, or verbal. I understand that Crowfeather had suffered through two heartbreaks within the same year, but I don't think he should have taken Nightcloud as a mate if he wasn't going to treat her as such. Then his actions towards Breezepaw/pelt didn't exactly make him Father of the Year. Based on what readers have seen of the pair, Crowfeather mainly criticized or ignored his son, only displying genuine concern when Breezepaw's life was threatened in The Sight. Yes, the latter scene did prove that Crowfeather cared for his WindClan kin, but did he show his affections at any other instances in the series? Breezepelt had every right to fall under the impression that his father hated him, and it was cowardly of Crowfeather to pin all the blame regarding his son's upbringing on Nightcloud. Also, I remember Crowfeather confessing he "should have done something" before stating how it was too late to help Breezepelt now that he chose the DF, but it was rather vague. You should have done what, Crowfeather? Talk to Nightcloud and make her stop filling Breezepelt's mind with lies, even though you also played a role in molding him into a vengeful tool of the Dark Forest? Become a better father figure? What? That scene was probably the closest Crowfeather ever came to admitting and feeling remorseful over his mistakes, but I think he was too proud to fully do so.

Ugh, this mini-rant was awful. It's been a while. Basically, I believe Crowfeather should have earned back his Clanmates' trust through fair, hard work if he wasn't ready to move on from Feathertail's death and Leafpool's rejection. Instead, his decision to take the easy way out resulted in the formation of a bitter, dysfunctional family whose jealous spite was only intensified by Crowfeather's neglect.

Still, I can't deny that Crowfeather was pretty interesting. ^^'
Back to top Go down
αωσкєη~

αωσкєη~

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 1:20 pm

Light wrote:
Leonard wrote:

It's just...I have zero tolerance for the abuse of a child -- be it emotional, physical, or verbal. I understand that Crowfeather had suffered through two heartbreaks within the same year, but I don't think he should have taken Nightcloud as a mate if he wasn't going to treat her as such. Then his actions towards Breezepaw/pelt didn't exactly make him Father of the Year. Based on what readers have seen of the pair, Crowfeather mainly criticized or ignored his son, only displying genuine concern when Breezepaw's life was threatened in The Sight. Yes, the latter scene did prove that Crowfeather cared for his WindClan kin, but did he show his affections at any other instances in the series? Breezepelt had every right to fall under the impression that his father hated him, and it was cowardly of Crowfeather to pin all the blame regarding his son's upbringing on Nightcloud. Also, I remember Crowfeather confessing he "should have done something" before stating how it was too late to help Breezepelt now that he chose the DF, but it was rather vague. You should have done what, Crowfeather? Talk to Nightcloud and make her stop filling Breezepelt's mind with lies, even though you also played a role in molding him into a vengeful tool of the Dark Forest? Become a better father figure? What? That scene was probably the closest Crowfeather ever came to admitting and feeling remorseful over his mistakes, but I think he was too proud to fully do so.

Ugh, this mini-rant was awful. It's been a while. Basically, I believe Crowfeather should have earned back his Clanmates' trust through fair, hard work if he wasn't ready to move on from Feathertail's death and Leafpool's rejection. Instead, his decision to take the easy way out resulted in the formation of a bitter, dysfunctional family whose jealous spite was only intensified by Crowfeather's neglect.

Still, I can't deny that Crowfeather was pretty interesting. ^^'
Gfsschjloydwchjoitsbh YES THIS.
Back to top Go down
Leonard

Leonard

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Yes, Your reasons seem pretty understandable, even if I don't agree here and there.

Quote :
Lightfoot:
It was cowardly of Crowfeather to pin all the blame regarding his son's upbringing on Nightcloud

Everyone keeps mentioning it, but it wasn't really what happened.

Quote :
The Last Hope, page 308-309:
Breezepelt writhed, snarling. "I always knew you hated me!" "I never hated you!"
Crowfeather growled. "That's just what you were determined to believe. And Nightcloud encouraged you."
"It's not her fault!" Breezepelt spat.
"No," Crowfeather hissed.
"I should have done something much earlier. But now it's too late. You chose the Dark Forest."

Crowfeather doesn't pin all the blame on Nightcloud. He just says that she encouraged Breezepelt in hating Crowfeather, and that it wasn't her fault. The real cat he blames for Breezepelt actions is... Breezepelt.

Quote :
The Last Hope, page 309:
[Crowfeather:] "He's a warrior. He's been making his own choices for a long time now."
Back to top Go down
Light

Light

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Oh, wow, I didn't even remember that scene correctly. *laughs nervously*

Quote :
"That's just what you were determined to believe. And Nightcloud encouraged you."

This quote rubs me the wrong way, though. Crowfeather's actions throughout the series gave Breezepelt plenty of reason to fall under the impression that his father hated him. It's not like he was one of those teenagers who are hellbent on believing their supportive, not-as-bad-as-they-think parents are actually against them. For Breezepelt, there was ample evidence backing his claim.

I can understand that Crowfeather blamed Breezepelt for his own actions, and he very well should. While he did have an unpleasant childhood, Breezepelt still let his hate consume him when he could have attempted to let go and move on. However, Crowfeather seemed to barely acknowledge that he also played a role in shaping the cat his son became. Breezepelt made his own decisions, yes, but both his parents were two components of a catalyst that pushed him over the edge to begin with.

Overall, I do think all three cats were in the wrong in this situation.

Back to top Go down
Crazy Mango

Crazy Mango

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Where r u guys?
Back to top Go down
αωσкєη~

αωσкєη~

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 5:26 pm

My dogs needed their rabies shots and my mom wanted my help. Snd I got sonic 8D yay.
Back to top Go down
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 7:25 pm

LALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALA

an hour and 25 minutes later: I'M SO LOOOOOOOONELYYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
http://d1rkjak3.tumblr.com
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:18 pm

Hey, guys.
Sorry. I've been busy and it was a long day, but I'm here now. Is anyone else around?
Back to top Go down
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:28 pm

hello to anyone here

i don't have a lot of time to be on, but
Back to top Go down
http://sedgestream.tumblr.com
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:29 pm

Hey, Icy~
Back to top Go down
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:32 pm

hi rainy

how are you?
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:36 pm

I'm okay, I guess.
Kinda tired. I went dress shopping today, but everything was ugly and I'll have to go again tomorrow. But I got pizza. Pizza is always nice.
How are you?
Back to top Go down
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:44 pm

i hate dress shopping. but pizza is good

i'm better than i have been, i suppose
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:48 pm

Yeah. I'm not good with shopping. xD
That''s good!
Back to top Go down
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:52 pm

trust me, i'm not either

i usually hate shopping because i hate feeling greedy and having to choose things
Back to top Go down
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 10:57 pm

yola ~
Back to top Go down
http://d1rkjak3.tumblr.com
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:03 pm

hi again, ginz~
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:05 pm

Icepath wrote:
trust me, i'm not either

i usually hate shopping because i hate feeling greedy and having to choose things
Yeah, I understand.
Nothing ever really seems to look right on me - either it's too fancy or too plain or too big or too small and just. Ugh. And yeah, I don't wanna be all spoiled and greedy and stuff. Dx
Anyway, hi Ginz~
Back to top Go down
Icepath

Icepath

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:06 pm

pretty much same thing here, rainy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Chat Thread   The Official Chat Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Chat Thread
Page 14 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Sunrise :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: