Ink Sunrise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Sunrise

Welcome to a forum for sharing your creative works of all kind, analyzing and debating about any forms of media, or just relaxing with friends. ♥

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short scene I wrote today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

Short scene I wrote today Empty
PostSubject: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm not sure if I want it part of my story yet, but here it is:

Quote :
Layla sighs. She doesn't know why she is feeling this way. I thought I was disgusted by Fallon? Why do I get a weird feeling every time we argue that, frankly, seems like attraction? She puts fingers on her temples in thought. If I didn't know better, that I loathe her, I would almost think I have... Layla has to stall her mental sentence, shuddering slightly despite them being her own thoughts. ...a crush on her. What the hell would I see in her, though?

Layla pauses her trail of thought and goes into her memory of when she and Fallon argued, picking out her emotional responses of the events. Something in particular stands out: Layla admires Fallon's blunt and frank attitude, the way she seems so confident about her words, and how she is so much better with ideas than Layla is. She let it sink in.

Okay, there are things that I like about Fallon, Layla admits to herself. However, it's not like anything is going to change, even if I do tell her that I actually don't hate her, and that I have those kinds of feelings for her. I doubt Fallon likes girls, and if she did, those feelings would definitely not be for me.
Back to top Go down
http://d1rkjak3.tumblr.com
Crazy Mango

Crazy Mango

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm

GEE.

HOW DO WRITE
Back to top Go down
Whispskull Rosiebot
Admin
Whispskull Rosiebot

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Not bad! I'd suggest less exact thoughts in itallics, however. You can often get emotions across is a way that sounds better, and gives the reader more, when you describe them more instead. It's short, but nice. :) It'll be cool to see where you go with this.
Back to top Go down
https://inksunrise.forumotion.com
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Crazy Mango wrote:
GEE.

HOW DO WRITE
I DON'T KNOW
Back to top Go down
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Whispskull Rosiebot wrote:
Not bad! I'd suggest less exact thoughts in itallics, however. You can often get emotions across is a way that sounds better, and gives the reader more, when you describe them more instead. It's short, but nice. :) It'll be cool to see where you go with this.
Meh, again, I'm not sure if I want it in the story
(is it possible for a writer to make fanfiction of their own work without it being canon lol)
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Okay, that was pretty good. ^^
It's short, but you can tell Layla is conflicted and you get a vague feel of Layla and Fallon's relationship.

Quote :
Okay, there are things that I like about Fallon, Layla admits to herself. However, it's not like anything is going to change, even if I do tell her that I actually don't hate her, and that I have those kinds of feelings for her. I doubt Fallon likes girls, and if she did, those feelings would definitely not be for me.
Okay, just one little thing here. I don't think you're supposed to bold when you're trying to use emphasis during thoughts. I was taught to just unitalicize - not a word - things. So it would be, "...even if I do tell her I don't actually hate her, and that I have those kinds of feelings..."

Quote :
(is it possible for a writer to make fanfiction of their own work without it being canon lol)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. xD
Back to top Go down
Ginz the Gee

Ginz the Gee

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today EmptyFri May 03, 2013 7:24 pm

Rainy wrote:
Okay, that was pretty good. ^^
It's short, but you can tell Layla is conflicted and you get a vague feel of Layla and Fallon's relationship.

Quote :
Okay, just one little thing here. I don't think you're supposed to bold when you're trying to use emphasis during thoughts. I was taught to just unitalicize - not a word - things. So it would be, "...even if I do tell her I don't actually hate her, and that I have those kinds of feelings..."
Yeah, I had it that way at first. I forgot why I changed it. Silly five hour ago me.

Quote :
Quote :
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is. xD
Thought so. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short scene I wrote today   Short scene I wrote today Empty

Back to top Go down

Short scene I wrote today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Sunrise :: Creativity :: Writing-